Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:20:11 -0600

>>>>> "Roman" == Roman Zippel <address@hidden> writes:
Roman>
Roman> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Mark A. Flacy wrote:
Roman>
Roman> Then it's prefered to generate some identifiers for your
Roman> files. If arch generated these identifiers itself switching between
Roman> different tagging methods, simply add or remove something like
Roman> "$ArchId$" which is expanded during checkout.
Flacy>>
Flacy>> What is the purpose of $ArchId$ ?
Roman>
Roman> http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.12.4/cvs_12.html
Roman> Arch could use this to track renames (but it would be optional for the
Roman> user) and also use it for merges.
Flacy>>
Flacy>> Checkout?  What is this?  "tla get"?
Roman>
Roman> Yes, sorry, I sort of assumed the standard vocabulary of other
Roman> version systems would be known. :)

Well, given that you don't seem to understand how tla file-ids are supposed
to work, it didn't surprise me that you've mixed up other concepts while
you were at it.

I could see how this could be used on a commit rather than a get, but it
would have to be a one-shot expansion.  A file-id is useless if it changes
with every commit.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above