Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [semi-OffTopic] UserLinux

From: Michael Alan Dorman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [semi-OffTopic] UserLinux
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:12:53 -0500

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:
>   "Bruce isn't an engineer by profession or avocation.  We don't speak
>    for all engineers but we are ourselves engineers.  Here's our
>    engineers'-perspective alternative to Bruce's well-intentioned
>    +proposal."

While he's been more of a suit than not for the last several years,
Bruce has also made credible contributions to free software---electric
fence comes to mind---and I think it would be a poor opening move to
come out of the gate questioning his credentials.

I will say, though, that, having been a Debian developer during all of
Bruce's tenure as DPL, I am amazed that Bruce would include Debian's
"process" even by reference as it pretty much drove him around the
bend several times. ;)

Mike
--
I'm afraid of Americans -- David Bowie