[Gnu-arch-users] Re: A test failure on AIX

From: John Goerzen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: A test failure on AIX
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:51:34 -0600

John Goerzen wrote:

> ======= TESTING: undo =======
> Test 1: undoing single file modification
> tar: 0511-190 File name

[ snip ]

> This leads me to believe that it did not respect my with-gnu-tar
> selection, and instead is using the AIX standard tar (that "0511-190" is

Indeed; when I adjusted my PATH so that GNU tar came first, this test passed
without any trouble.  I had used --with-gnu-tar to configure to specify my
GNU tar.

> I'll also try upgrading my GNU tar.  The GNU tar AIX ships is 1.13 dated
> 1999, so perhaps that could be the problem, too.

OK, so 1.13 is the latest.  IBM gets some credit *this* time :-)

However, now I have this:

======= TESTING: what-changed =======
Test 1: null changeset
/home/jgoerzen/programs/tla-1.1/src/tla/tests/test-what-changed.sh[14]:
test: 0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command.
gmake[2]: *** [tests-timestamp] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jgoerzen/programs/tla-1.1/src/=build/tla
tests'
gmake[1]: *** [test] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jgoerzen/programs/tla-1.1/src/=build/tla'
gmake: *** [test] Error 2

Switching the bang path in test-what-changed.sh to point to bash made no
difference.  It was still invoking /usr/bin/test, and I can't get the FSF
coreutils to extract.... so I'm stuck here at the moment, and I'm not sure
exactly where the problem is.

> (I hate getting a brand-new OS that has hideously outdated versions of
> *everything*.... grumble grumble grumble)

Really, I do. :-)

-- John