Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Wiki usefulness

From: Michael Grubb
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Wiki usefulness
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:54:32 -0600

<SNIP>

What is needed for hosting the gnuarch.org wiki?
Please guess/estimate
 * bandwith
 * serverload
 * diskspace
From http://twiki.org/ I did read:
 How does it work?
 Twiki is cgi-bin script written in perl. It reads a text file,
 hyperlinks it and converts it to HTML on the fly.

What is needed for maintiance?
<SNIP>

* Bandwidth - This is a very subjective metric, which depends greatly on the community's use * serverload - I judge this to be very small. It wasn't even noticeable on my server * diskspace - Again this grows with content, but in general I think everything was under 2 Mb

What is needed for maintenance?   Well, there's not a lot to it.
The most frequent task is resetting passwords which regrettably is a manual process. The next biggest task is adding new webs(though this shouldn't happen too often).
Other than that and the occasional house keeping it maintains itself.
(Oh, whoever takes it over, it would help if you had some skill with Perl, *nix, and RCS)