Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revision lock problems

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revision lock problems
Date: 27 Dec 2003 16:58:05 -0600

>>>>> "Gurupartap" == Gurupartap Davis <address@hidden> writes:
Gurupartap>
Gurupartap> I screwed up my mirrored archive somehow...

Gurupartap> I accidentally committed to the mirror archive (I had trivially
Gurupartap> modified some files on my mirror site and made a log and
Gurupartap> committed in the wrong window)

You're not supposed to be able to commit to a mirror.  What version are you
using and how did you do so?

Gurupartap> Then when I tried to archive-mirror to get the changes I made
Gurupartap> to the main archive, it didn't work (sorry, don't remember the
Gurupartap> error) So I tried 'tla undo' and it seemed to revert the
Gurupartap> (accidental) changes I made to the mirrored archive.  however,
Gurupartap> now when I try to archive-mirror, I always get 'unable to
Gurupartap> acquire revision lock (lock held or revision already
Gurupartap> committed)'
Gurupartap>
Gurupartap> I looked in the latest directory (patch 57) and it didn't have
Gurupartap> the ++revision-lock/+contents directories, so I tried creating
Gurupartap> them, then mirroring.  I get the same error, and when I look
Gurupartap> back in the patch directory, the ++revision-lock and +changes
Gurupartap> directories have been deleted...
Gurupartap>
Gurupartap> I thought there might be some residual side effects from the
Gurupartap> tla undo, so I just deleted the patch-57 directory entirely and
Gurupartap> tried again with the same result.  Hmm...I'm stuck now.  I
Gurupartap> suppose I could recreate the mirror, but it will take an hour
Gurupartap> or two to recreate the archive with the bandwidth I've been
Gurupartap> getting.  Maybe somebody's got an idea how I can fix it?

Put a revision-lock directory in patch 56 and update the mirror.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above