Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Merging with the other branches.

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Merging with the other branches.
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 18:17:06 -0500

Aneesh Kumar KV wrote:

Hi,

I just started using arch. When merging the changes with the other trees i was wondering is it possible for getting the changelog also. I guess it should be possible. I may be missing something.

This is what i did.

1) created test--trunk--0.1   archive

2) created test--branch1--0.1 archive using tla tag.

3) now made changes to test--trunk--0.1 and committed the same to the archive

4) used tla replay to get the changes in test--branch--0.1

You might want to use star-merge instead of replay.
"tla star-merge test--trunk--0.1"
This will automatically procduce a log entry like this:

address@hidden:~/tlalib$ tla cat-log patch-6
Revision: tlasrc--local--1.2--patch-6
Archive: address@hidden
Creator: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>