[Gnu-arch-users] Re: file-limited commit on new file

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: file-limited commit on new file
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:28:26 +0000

On Jan 02 2004, Robert wrote:
> I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to do a
> file-limited commit like:
>
> tla commit -- file1
>
> when file1 is a new file.  But I get this error message when I try:
>
> make-changeset-files: file missing from ORIG tree (file1)
>
> Any reason not to consider this a bug?

I've raised this before (in a thread from May 2003 -- the subject
escapes me):

 % tla inventory -s
   foo.c
 % tla mv foo.c bar.c
 % echo "hello" > foo.c
 % tla add foo.c
 % tla commit -s "foo bar quux" -- foo.c

Oops. "Houston, we have a problem..." ;)

I don't think the added complexity necessary for dealing with such
errors is worth it. Just undo, commit (adding the new file), then redo.

Stig
--
brautaset.org