[Gnu-arch-users] "get" crashes

From: John Goerzen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] "get" crashes
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 02:44:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I tried a "get" recently, and discovered this:

$ tla get address@hidden/laptop--pre--2.6 linux-2.6
* from archive cached: address@hidden/laptop--pre--2.6--base-0
* patching for revision: address@hidden/laptop--pre--2.6--patch-1
* patching for revision: address@hidden/laptop--pre--2.6--patch-2
* patching for revision: address@hidden/laptop--pre--2.6--patch-3
* patching for revision: address@hidden/laptop--pre--2.6--patch-4
missing explicit id for file (try tree-lint)
   file:./drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-budget/dvb-ttusb-budget.mod.c

In fact, patch-3's log has this in it:

New-files: .arch-ids/.config.id .config
    drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-budget/.arch-ids/dvb-ttusb-budget.c.id
    drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-budget/dvb-ttusb-budget.c
Removed-files: drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-budget/.arch-ids/dvb-ttusb-budget.c.id
    drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-budget/.arch-ids/dvb-ttusb-budget.mod.c.id
    drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-budget/dvb-ttusb-budget.c
    drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-dec/.arch-ids/ttusb_dec.mod.c.id

Now, I do not know how this happened.  It is possible that I did a
"tla delete" on the mod.c file without actually deleting it the file
itself.  I may have also just deleted the .id file without thinking.
Whatever the cause, I just used "tla commit" to commit the change -- I
would have thought that it would have failed a tree-lint if there
would be any future problem with get, yet obviously this was not the
case.

I now have no way to check out this archive.

Suggestions?

-- John