[Gnu-arch-users] Less-web-centric bugtracking

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Less-web-centric bugtracking
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:03:38 -0600

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 19:00, Tom Lord wrote:
> Jeeze, yes.   I don't know about lucratively -- but ...uh....
> spiritually at least, a little email-driven database suitable for
> mapping issue onto would be a _hugely_ killer app.

Hmm.

RT and Roundup, while less general than the sort of thing you're
discussing, both are issue-tracking tools with email and command-line as
well as web-based interfaces. (RT cheats a bit by having wrappers that
make calls to the web interface, which is where the "real work" gets
done).

In short: Having a non-web-specific issue tracker is indeed a Good Idea
-- and that others have done it before is good evidence for the same.