Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Making archives and rbrowse self-documenting

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Making archives and rbrowse self-documenting
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 23:08:54 -0800

On Jan 7, 2004, at 22:02, Scott Bronson wrote:

Would this be a good idea?

I would think it might be the other way around. Most of the time, when I type ``tla archives'' it's because I want to see where various things are, not to find out what they are.

I like the ability to provide descriptions. Extending the idea, I'd think it'd be good to put a description on every branch and/or version. Perhaps both a short and long description (like patch logs) would be good for providing a guide to large archives. I'm certain I'm going to forget why I created some of this stuff soon.

--
SPY My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub 1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>