Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Beginner help request

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Beginner help request
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:52:48 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Oliver Crow <address@hidden>

    > Ahh.  What I did was "tla add *.php" assuming that the shell would expand
    > *.php and I'd end up adding all my php source files in one directory with
    > a single command.

Typically, if there are no files matching *.php, then the shell will
expand that to "*.php".  I'm not sure off the top of my head if that
is standard posix behavior for a shell (I think it is but wouldn't
swear to it) -- I'd suggest looking for the sh spec on something like
the opengroup web site if you are curious.

    > I couldn't find anything in the tutorial about adding multiple
    > files, and I have enough that manually doing a tla add on each
    > would be a pain.

To an extent this is just a "basic unix usage" question.  So it's kind
of hit or miss what kind of help you'll get.   But you sound as if you
are competent enough to figure it out so maybe the right thing is to
leave it as a small puzzle:  there's (several) elegant ways to do it.
The arch `inventory' command may be particularly useful to you here.

    > And still the original question - how do I get tla to ignore the files
    > that I don't want to include?

Using regexps in =tagging-method and .arch-inventory files.  The
tutorial covers the basics.   The arch `tree-lint' command may be
particularly useful to you here.   Also, the comments that are likely
in your existing =tagging-method and certainly in the output of `tla
id-tagging-defaults' may be helpful.