Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Beginner help request

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Beginner help request
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:51:58 +1100

    Jason> Brian May wrote:
    >> IMHO, these .*.swp files need to be classified ass either junk
    >> files or backup files. Otherwise you can't commit if a file is
    >> opened in vim, because vim creates these temp files when it
    >> opens the file, and deletes them when closing the file.

    Jason> I believe the intention is to prevent accidentally
    Jason> committing a file which has unsaved changes in
    Jason> it. Personally, this is worth the inconvenience of having
    Jason> to exit vim when I want to commit.

It depends on how you use vim.

I personally have any number of files open at any time (this enables
copying between files without using X cut & paste), and exiting
everything just so I can do a commit of one file is a real pain.

However, it looks like the issue is already fixed in
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-55
--
Brian May <address@hidden>