Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Script for extending tla

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Script for extending tla
Date: 13 Jan 2004 15:19:23 -0500

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 13:32, Scott Bronson wrote:
> This seems like a really good idea.  tla itself could produce very
> precise, ugly output and have a limited command set.  The front ends
> would smooth things out for the user.  We'd get a more comprehensive UI
> without having to put the complexity in tla.
>
> To use the current bash completions, just change the " tla" on the last
> line to " aba" (leave the "_tla" alone).

Thanks!  I'll try that out.

What I was thinking about was built-in support for completions.  Let's
say I write an "lget" shortcut that does "tla get --link".  It would be
a shame to lose completions as a result.  aba could support more than
just "desc" or "exec" actions.  Maybe we'd add a "complete" action, so
scripts can provide their own completions.  Or is there a better
interface?

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley