Re: [Gnu-arch-users] hook questions

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] hook questions
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:55:40 +1100

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 12:49, Dustin Sallings wrote:
>       In tla, in particular, you lock the patch you have, though, right?
> The lock no longer exists in that patch when you go to aquire it.  At
> this point, you abort the commit because it's out of date, anyway.

Urrr. You could do that yes. Still it seems nasty to the user - they may
wait quite some time to find out they failed to lock. Better IMO to give
them early feedback (when using this feature). Which suggests to me that
'--prechangeset' flag would be useful to trigger support fro the early
lock and the prechangeset hook. Allowing normal use to be as it is
today.

Rob