Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re-linking to revlib implemented

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re-linking to revlib implemented
Date: 14 Jan 2004 17:22:17 -0500

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 16:56, Miles Bader wrote:

> I definitely think it's great functionally, but ... changes?
>
> It's somehow very odd to see it as an option to a command that normally
> leaves the project tree completely untouched.  I can think of reasons why
> it might actually be convenient to do that implementation, but somehow this
> makes me slightly nervous.
>
> At least, how about adding a `tla relink' command?  In your current
> implementation it could just internall call `tla changes --relink > /dev/null'

I'm not at all wedded to "changes".  It needs to check each file in the
tree for hard-linkability, so it was easy to piggyback on
make_changeset() and arch_cmd_changes().  But it could be an option to
another make_changeset invoker or a separate command.  It's handy
though-- tla changes will first update your greedy revlib, then
hard-link to it.

It could also be separated from make_changeset(), but not without
duplicating functionality.  Unless we separated the changed-file
detection code from the patch-generation code.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology