Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re-linking to revlib implemented

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re-linking to revlib implemented
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:54:15 -0500

Robert Collins wrote:

I've merged up through patch-11.

Patch 20 will be next.

I note you are doing many different things in the one branch. This is
bad, as it means I can't cleanly get deltas relating to <foo> from you.
I can only get single changesets, and once conflicts start (due to style
differences etc), it becomes harder and harder to merge it all cleanly.

In other words, branch more.
So there might be an error-handling branch, a diff-speedups branch, a no-pristines branch, etc? Do I keep my own integration branch and star-merge them into it?
Patch-18 looks like it will be wrong, as it -appears- to put new
restrictions on things like tla get. So, please ensure that the existing
behaviour (i.e. tla get address@hidden/tla--integration)
works - that should get 1.1--patch-6x automatically.
get address@hidden/tla--integration does behave properly. I think the apparent restriction was just a function-naming problem. arch_check_package_name should have been called arch_check_version_name, but it was being used properly. There is a problem with "tla get address@hidden/tla--integration--1.1--patch-61" (botched invariant), but I haven't sorted out the root cause yet.

Aaron