Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!

From: Eric W. Biederman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!
Date: 16 Jan 2004 16:08:16 -0700

address@hidden writes:

> > Meanwhile: the rest of you who are really getting into arch -- you
> > should all go find work deploying it in corporate settings! :-)
>
> "corporate settings" need win32 interoperability.

A better statement would be:

For large scale deployment everything needs to be supported.
It just happens that the two main flavors are unix and win32.

Doing everything internally in unicode makes a lot of sense because
it is a true union character set.  So you will be able to represent
all characters and won't need any special cases.

As for reasons.  I have had people building LinuxBIOS ask for windows
support. :)

Eric