[Gnu-arch-users] buildfarm

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] buildfarm
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:00:07 +1100

I've adapted the samba buildfarm (build.samba.org) to run tla
(http://www.robertcollins.net/buildfarm/running).

The source is in tla too:
http://www.robertcollins.net/buildfarm/address@hidden

The running code is in the branch robertcollins-net. The upstream cvs in
HEAD, and the refactored middle ground in - you guessed it - refactored.

There's a few things still todo, such as cvs->tla metachecks and the
like. Oh, and the test harness needs a few tweaks.

I'd love to get a few extra hosts on this though - such as solaris,
*bsd, non-ix86 architectures etc.
The requirements for this are pretty simple:
install rsync (as a client only)
install your normal compiler toolchain
make a dedicated account (say build) (no privileges needed)
copy over a bootstrap file to ~build/build_farm/build_test
put the password I assign your machine in ~build/build_farm/.password
add build_test to a cron job.

Any volunteers ?

Secondly, I'd love to get a variaton on the octopus for the web page
logo... any graphic folk want to offer one up?

Lastly, a big thanks to tridge for showing me the code at linux.conf.au
- seeing how simple it was gave me the inspiration to grab and adapt it
to tla.

Rob