Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Two Wikis

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Two Wikis
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:39:38 -0500

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:22:18PM +0100, David Allouche wrote:
> I can not say "we" when talking about the Wiki.
>
> But if you ask my personal opinion, I'd say "no". I do not want to keep
> the hairball structure of the old wiki in the new. Individual pages
> which are found of interest should be moved to the new wiki, after being
> reviewed to be sure they are up to date, but there is no compelling
> reason to move in all the old stuff.

I strongly agree (well I guess that's obvious from my other posts :-).

If there's a particular page you think is valuable on the old wiki, which
doesn't exist in some form on the new wiki, then maybe transfer it
(converting the markup is actually fairly simple with sed and some emacs
macros), but I think it would a very good idea to give it a good rethink
first (page location, contents, up-to-dateness, etc).

This obviously makes such moves harder -- but in fact I think that's _good_,
it'll keep out the chaff.  The new wiki seems to be quickly coming up to
speed, so I think there's no danger of lack of content.

Everything else, well... given the wad-of-hair structure, people probably
couldn't find it anyway...

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products