Re: [Gnu-arch-users] accessing mirrors

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] accessing mirrors
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:41:47 +1100

    >> I followed the instructions, and ended up with
    >> address@hidden (refers to the non-local
    >> SOURCE) address@hidden (refers to the local
    >> mirror)

    Colin> This is backwards. You want address@hidden
    Colin> to refer to the archive on your laptop that you commit to,
    Colin> and address@hidden to refer to the
    Colin> mirror on your server.  I think you read the wrong part in
    Colin> the tutorial.

Actually, I don't think I did.

In case, that doesn't make sense, my main repository is on my desktop
computer, and I want to mirror it on to my laptop.

Having the main archive on the laptop, and then mirroring it to my
desktop is in interesting idea I hadn't considered, but I don't want
to be prevented committing files on my desktop when my laptop is
off-line.

So my current thought was to have one archive on my desktop that I
normally use, a mirror on my laptop, and a branch of the mirror on my
laptop.

Normally I make all changes to/from the archive on my desktop, even
when using my laptop.

If I am in a location where I can't do this though, I will make sure
the branch is up-to-date, and make changes there instead.

I see Dustin Sallings has also sent a script which may provide another
solution, will look at that now.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>