[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular [was: Re-linking to re

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular [was: Re-linking to revlib implemented]
Date: 23 Jan 2004 10:23:10 +0900

James Blackwell <address@hidden> writes:
> Would you (and everyone else that seems unhappy) be satisfied if instead
> of "rbrowse --show-sealed" The command instead was
> "rbrowse --hide-sealed" ?

Personally I don't like this overloading of `sealed'.  Why not just add
(a) new archive attribute(s) somewhere that explicitly says what you want
it to, e.g. =hidden (or I suppose a more general =attributes that could
hold a `hidden' flag)?

A related issue is some way to clue in users who are still using a branch
in an archive that's been cycled; I don't think `external' methods (like
posting to related mailing lists) are adequate.

[A suggestion I made a long time ago was to allow an `=update-message'
file in various places in the archive (root/branch/wherever), which would
be printed verbatim along with any update/replay (presumably only it that
was the _target_ revision), but that didn't garner much enthusiasm.
Still, there must be _some_ solution better than the status quo...]

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge