Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Installing Arch

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Installing Arch
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:03:37 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Jade Rubick" <address@hidden>

    > I'm not finding the installation instructions very helpful:

    > http://wiki.sourcecontrol.net/moin.cgi/Installing_20Arch

    > Here's what I've done:

    > * downloaded the source to /usr/local/src/tla-1.1.tar.gz
    > * tar -xzf tla-1.1.tar.gz
    > * cd tla-1.1
    > * cd src
    > * mkdir =build
    > * cd =build
    > * ../configure --prefix /usr/local/bin      (I've also used
    > /usr/local/src/tla-1.1/src and many other permutations)
    > * make
    > make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    > * ls
    > ,auto-conf-tmpdir  ,test-prog.c  Options

The `ls' output _suggests_, at least, that when you ran `configure' it
terminated with an error but you haven't noticed that yet.   If that's
not the case, then it is a peculiar error indeed.

(If you happen to be doing this on a Solaris box, you will need to use
a bourne shell to run configure, not the program installed as
`/bin/sh'.)