Re: [Gnu-arch-users] address@hidden: Tla (arch) and passwords]

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] address@hidden: Tla (arch) and passwords]
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:06:35 -0800

On Jan 25, 2004, at 8:42, Jan Hudec wrote:

It is plain HTTP, not HTTPS. If you are paranoid enough not to store the
password in a read-protected file in your home directory, you should be
paranoid not to send it over a network in cleartext either. Why can't
you use sftp?

My primary archives are plain HTTP (WebDAV) with Digest authentication. I do not send my password across the network in cleartext (but I do end up having to store it in multiple places).

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>