Re: [Gnu-arch-users] larger trees slowing down

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] larger trees slowing down
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:23:08 -0800

On Jan 27, 2004, at 1:31, Robert Collins wrote:

        Should applying patch 2322 take considerably longer than patch 2?

        The entire thing took about 17 minutes.

There was a fd leak, are you running latest n greatest ?

It's around address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-69, I believe. I'll try out some newer versions, but it didn't seem so much like an fd leak (I didn't try lsof or anything). It was just slow applying the patches (all of them, beginning with the cacherev at 2200).

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>