[Gnu-arch-users] aba updates: now with aliases

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] aba updates: now with aliases
Date: 29 Jan 2004 13:21:36 -0500

Hi all,
Just wanted to drop a quick note that aba, my arch wrapper has been
updated.

aba now supports
- external commands that behave like tla commands
  (e.g. "aba show-rev")

- default options for tla and external commands
  (e.g. "aba get foo" -> "tla get --link foo")

- aliases for revision names
  (e.g. "aba changes ^tom--patch-3" -> "tla changes
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-3")

aba ships with the following commands built in:
       diff : shortcut for tla changes --diff
   diff-rev : alias for delta --report -n
       elog : shortcut for $EDITOR `tla make-log`
      emlog : creates and edits a merge log
full-replay : replays a revision and log into a different tree
   get-diff : produces a diff patch file for a revision
       help : adds external commands to the help list
      merge : star-merge with ++merge-source and edit log
 my-library : alias for my-revision-library
   show-rev : shows the changes that appeared in a revision
   tag-this : shortcut for tla tag -S `tla tree-version`

It's easy to add commands.  And if you do, feel free to send 'em in.

aba is part of James Blackwell's tlacontrib collection, so you can get
it from here:

address@hidden/tlacontrib--devo--1.2
http://sourcecontrol.net/~jblack/%7Barchives%7D/2004/

Hope it's useful to some of you.  And yes, I'm considering a less
egomaniacal name :-)

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley