[Gnu-arch-users] (merge requests) aba unbashisement(sic!)

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] (merge requests) aba unbashisement(sic!)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:42:22 +0100

Hi!

I recently tried `aba' from James Blackwell's tlacontrib repo, and
immediately found that it does not work with my /bin/sh (which is a
symlink to dash, the Debian fork of NetBSD's /bin/sh). There are two
ways to fix it (not counting ln -sf /bin/bash /bin/sh):

- s#/bin/sh#/bin/bash# in the relevant files.
- fix the bashisms so they work with dash

Since I'm such a nice guy and like my light shell, I fixed the bashisms:

- instead of `source', use `.' - shorter and more portable
- [ foo == bar ] is a bashism, [ foo = bar ] works
- `let' is not known to dash. not the same, but `local' works just fine

I'm posting this in public, so I can be flamed for not going with the
first way :)

Oh, almost forgot: changes are in the following changeset:

address@hidden/tlacontrib--algernon--1.2--patch-8
 (http://sourcecontrol.net/~gnagy/{archives}/address@hidden)

Cheers,
--