Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular
Date: 30 Jan 2004 15:12:08 -0500

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 21:01, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > The alias mapping would be stored in the log file of the last revision
> > in archive-metadata--alias--1.
> >
> > Actually, I see no need to store a copy of that information inside the
> > revision, since the patchlog is already part of the revision.
> With tla library-log (why is there no "tla archive-log"???)

Isn't cat-archive-log what you want?

> we can
> implement this today in aba, though it'd be nice to have it in tla to be
> able to use it in configs.
> I currently don't have aba installed, but mean to do that soon, once I
> have it I'll take a look at this.

I want to include archive names in my aliases, so this seems disjoint to
what I want.  But aba's alias expansion is encapsulated pretty cleanly,
so it shouldn't be much trouble to replace it with your scheme.

Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology
PanoMetrics, Inc.