Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla 1.2pre2 seems broken -- can't tla add!

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla 1.2pre2 seems broken -- can't tla add!
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:23:26 -0600

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 16:03, Neil Stevens wrote:
> User error in the command line, or in thinking a mailing list called
> gnu-arch-users is actually for users, instead of being for people with bad
> attitudes to mock the users?

Eh?

The message this replied two broke at least two rules of etiquitte (as
expressed in ESR's "How to Ask Smart Questions" -- jumping to the
conclusion of a bug and pressing personal urgency in requesting unpaid
support, not to mention failing to RTFM before posting). Despite this,
this *one* reply manages to be only mildly biting if that.

Personally, I'd say that as free support goes this is a pretty good set
of responses, and I'd argue that anyone who manages to get offended
would do well to go hang out on the linux-kernel list (or some
equivalent) for a while to develop a thicker skin.