Re: [Gnu-arch-users] problems?

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] problems?
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 05:29:57 -0500

In lists.arch.users, you wrote:
> Hi,
> If I try to go to I'm redirected to
> which in turn give me this error message:
> .----
>|The requested URL could not be retrieved
>|While trying to retrieve the URL:
>|The following error was encountered:
>|    Unable to determine IP address from host name for
>|The dnsserver returned:
>|    Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
>|This means that:
>| The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
>| Check if the address is correct.
>|Your cache administrator is root.
>|Generated Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:39:19 GMT by localhost (Squid/2.4.STABLE1)
> `----
> I've tried this from two different locations and get the same result. It
> seems that only the wiki is affected though. I can browse
> fine.

The hostname does indeed exist. Likely what's happened is that the
nameserver(s) you're pointing at have cached the old authoritive
nameservers for

Try to dig If you don't get NS(1|2).LINUXGURU.NET, then
likely the problem.

James Blackwell      Using I.T. to bring more             570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix      business to your business