Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [newbie] Is it possible to put in a source file the

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [newbie] Is it possible to put in a source file the date of last tree commit?
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:59:20 -0800

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:00:57PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

> One could make in-file keyword-expansions tree-local:  but with rather
> more work than you suggest and at signficant performance costs.

My work has a bunch of source in Perforce, that has a bunch of these
$Header$ things in comments.  Many people are complaining to Perforce to
make expansion of these optional on a local basis.

Even just working on my own, they are downright annoying.  They seem to
really only be handy when you ship source off to a customer in a manner
that loses version control.  In think this is indicative of a different
(and deeper) problem, though.

Dave Brown