[Gnu-arch-users] push-mirror ftp problem (wu-ftp related)

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] push-mirror ftp problem (wu-ftp related)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:39:10 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to push an archive over ftp. (Yeah, yeah, I would rather use
sftp, but for various reasons I cannot right now -- ssh on the local
machine is b0rked.) The server running on the machine is wu-ftpd. If I
use a wu-ftp://... stanza for the location, however, it will only create
the archive. If I try to push the contents of that archive it
immediately bombs out with:

.---
|** adding category mt
|archive-mirror: error creating category mt (category already exists)
`---

although if I log into the system I can see that this is a lie.

So, I try using an ftp:// stanza. Again creating the archive works fine,
but when attempting to push I get this:

.---
|** adding category mt
|** adding branch mt--production
|** adding version mt--production--1.0
|** adding revision mt--production--1.0--base-0
|arch-mirror: unable to acquire revision lock (lock held or revision already
committed)
|    revision: address@hidden/mt--production--1.0--base-0
`---

which is fairly surreal, since you'd think there should be no lock held
if you just created the bloody version. Anyway, this at least created
something in the mirror, namely this empty directory:

mt/mt--production/mt--production--1.0/address@hidden/+contents/

If I try again, I get this:

.---
|** adding category mt
|archive-mirror: error creating category mt (internal error in
archive-pfs.c(pfs_make_category))
`---

Huh? Why did it try to add the category again?

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Any suggestions?

Oh, I'm running tla 1.2 patch 87.

Stig
--
brautaset.org