Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Configuration: Replication and fail safe

From: ALEJANDROLANDIM
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Configuration: Replication and fail safe
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:43:24 GMT

Charles Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 11:01, ALEJANDROLANDIM wrote:
> > The problem here is that I want to keep all the revision history, even
> > if some machine removes part of it.
>
> I believe that tla's mirroring functionality currently does that (ie.
> never removes changesets).

That's great!

> Do you *also* want to check signatures on mirroring a new changeset, or
> is it acceptable to have bad changesets mirrored and then detect their
> badness after the mirroring operation is complete?

That's improved security to prevent a compromised machine sending bad
changesets. I like signature verification provided that the compromised
machine can't remove changesets in the uncompromised mirrors, but I
assume that. I just want to not lose any changeset even if some private
key gets compromised.