RE: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2pre2 on cygwin

From: Parker, Ron
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2pre2 on cygwin
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:23:40 -0600

> From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden

> However, the
> second 1.2pre2
> > version you put up seems to break fetching files via HTTP.
> I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > ~/src/cscvs$ tla update
> > webdav error: 404 Not Found
> >
> > If I switch back to the previous one, I do not encounter
> this problem.
> >

> maybe you need to set proxy_user and proxy_password?

While they have recently changed our proxy at work, I don't use it.  My
workstation has a "hole punched" through our PIX.  What that translates into
is that my machine is simply NAT'd to the Internet.  Also if
proxy_{user,password} was the problem, I would expect that the older version
would not work either and the webdav error would be something like "407:
Proxy authentication required".  At least that's the message wget gives me
if I set http_proxy to our proxy and proxy_{user,password} to something
bogus.

Specifically this happens doing a "tla get
address@hidden/cscvs--experimental--1.1 cscvs" with:

address@hidden

http://quackerhead.com/~duff/{archive}/address@hidden