Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "ignoring" a specific patch when merging

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "ignoring" a specific patch when merging
Date: 17 Feb 2004 14:36:08 -0500

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 14:02, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> I'd say, do a normal merge with star-merge or whatever you use to merge
> the two trees, then do a tla undo <patch-N> (or tla replay --reverse).

That will remove the patch log, so it will continue attempting to merge
it.

> Another way would be to merge until patch-(N-1), then sync-tree until
> patch-N, then merge the rest as usual. This latter has the drawback that
> in the logs, it will appear that even patch-N was merged, when in
> reality, it was not.

Yet another option, since we're talking about a single file, would be to
merge, then revert that file.  "tla file-diffs foo | patch -R".  There's
also a "file-revert" command in aba that does that.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology