[Gnu-arch-users] Invalid Base-revision

From: John F Meinel Jr
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Invalid Base-revision
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:42:27 -0600

Hello all-

I am currently trying to setup tla to work with a centralized archive,
and each developer has their own personal archive.
In general it seems to work fine, but recently I got this error:
********************************
MISMATCHED ARCHIVE CHECKSUM

 archive: address@hidden
 revision: doc-howto--dev--0.1--base-0
 file: doc-howto--dev--0.1--base-0.tar.gz

 expected: 45768692ad73d68c23cd6c1004d38099
 got: 59363511112edc8fb585cba98611f602

********************************

Now, if I check the files, the checksum.cachrev does have the 457...
number, and md5sum of the actual tarball gives the 593... number.
So tla is actually finding a real discrepancy.
Now this is my personal tag of the main repository, so I don't have any
problem nuking it, and then re-getting the main repository file.
Is there any recommended way of completely removing a branch, without
just going into the directory and removing it?
I'm trying not to modify the repository directly, as I feel that is
dangerous thing to do. But since the repository is somehow corrupt I
don't see any other way to fix it.

Is there a better way?
John
=:->