Re: [Gnu-arch-users] may I pick your brains?

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] may I pick your brains?
Date: 23 Feb 2004 13:55:53 -0500

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 13:03, Stefanie Tellex wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 12:37, Aaron Bentley wrote:
>
> > * Supports various development styles, from centralized development like
> > CVS, to decentralized development over the internet, like Linux kernel
> > development
>
> I don't think this one is valid.  The only development style the manager
> cares about is the one his team actually uses.  In a corporate
> environment, I think that's most often centralized development.

Perhaps I went too far.  My preferred layout at work is per-programmer
archives stored on a central server, so I wanted to communicate the idea
that Arch can work with centralization, but can also work other ways.

It strikes me that Arch might also be valuable if there are developers
who telecommute.  They can still commit (securely) to a central server,
while working at home.  But since they can do that with completely
centralized development, maybe that's not a big win.

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology