[Gnu-arch-users] strategy/code for migrating changesets out of arch

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] strategy/code for migrating changesets out of arch
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:24:55 -0800

At work, we use perforce. It's good enough when it and the network works, so I've not been pushing arch to my group. I have, however, been trying to use it myself. In doing so, I've created a utility to migrate changesets applied to a particular section of a depot overlapping an arch tree back into arch. It works pretty well and I seem to be getting all of our checkins into my arch mirrors.

Although I can branch this tree and work in it just fine, I don't have anything to reapply those changesets back into a p4 tree. Does anyone have anything that might help comprehend arch changesets so I can apply the changes back to p4?

Ideally, a python class I can ask for new files, deleted files, modified files, etc... might be good...or to just iterate the changes. Migrating from p4, I'm using p4lib, which gives me file-level changes within a changeset by file including operation. I translate those p4 operations to tla operations using the following map:

actions={'branch': 'add-id', 'add': 'add-id',
    'edit': '', 'integrate': '',
    'delete': 'delete-id'}

Being able to do that in the opposite direction would be very cool, and I'm more likely to do it sooner if pointed to reasonable migration code.

--
Dustin Sallings