[Gnu-arch-users] Botched invariant at invent.c line 900

From: Parker, Ron
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Botched invariant at invent.c line 900
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:02:45 -0600

I imported a piece of code, rearranged it, committed those changes, created
a configuration and did a build-config, then upon attempting a tree-lint, I
got:

$ tla changes
* looking for
address@hidden/pathcompress--rdparker--0.12--patch-1 to
compare with
* comparing to
address@hidden/pathcompress--rdparker--0.12--patch-1
/ller/prj/tla-1.2pre2/src/tla/libarch/invent.c:900:botched invariant
    *a < *b
PANIC: exiting on botched invariant

As you might guess from the above output, I was trying to integrate
lode.leroy's pathcompression patches into a directory structure I could
build.  That way I hoped to be able to pass him patches instead of only bug
reports.

My config is:
./src/hackerlab address@hidden/hackerlab--devo--1.0
./src/pathcompress address@hidden/pathcompress--rdparker--0.12

I thought it might have been an encoding use with the config file, there
were 3 strange characters at the beginning of the file when cat'd, but it
looked fine in vim.  Removing these three chars and redoing the build-config
changed nothing.