Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Why we might use subversion instead of arch.

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Why we might use subversion instead of arch.
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:15:54 -0800 (PST)

    > From: John Goerzen <address@hidden>

    > I'd follow you up to here, Tom.  With the Linux kernel, I have found
    > *no* good way to make the performance acceptable.

Hmm.   I've heard mixed results -- some that were pretty good.   I
certainly know of no in principle problems but also note that there's
a bunch of further optimizations "in the queue" for the 1.3 series.

    > Setting up a local revision library is out of the question due to the
    > apalling space requirements this would require.  Cached revs are used --
    > but that does no good for commits, which are the slowest operation.  Is
    > there something I'm missing out on?

It's difficult for me to do or say much about this -- I simply don't
have the hardware or network bandwidth to play around with the kernel
myself.