assertion in cscvs WAS: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: cscvs canonical tree ?

From: Parker, Ron
Subject: assertion in cscvs WAS: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: cscvs canonical tree ?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:40:46 -0600

(This originally only when to Charles Duffy.  Silly Outlook doesn't reply
properly by default.  I am just now posting it to the list with a few
spelling corrections.)

Actually I chased this one down when playing with cscvs on Cygwin.  That'll
cause brain damage way faster than huffing.  You're using an alpha tla for
Cygwin with a hacked PySQLite that can grok Posix and Windows paths.  Then
add an SQLite that partially bypasses Cygwin and directly uses Windows file
paths.  (See, there's shiny paint all over my face.  I completely expect to
be on the next episode of COPS.  ''This unfortunate fool believed he could
get away with doing serious work on Windows, but Sgt. Gates caught him in
the end.")

Nope.

> > Actually, there is no pager.c in Python.  Sqlite perhaps?

It is coming from SQLite.  What follows are fragments from two emails to the
SQLite list, including a response from D. Richard Hipp, the author.

My response after checking this out:

So, your temporary solution is to rebuild SQLite with -DNDEBUG=1 added to
the TCC flags in the Makefile.