Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:18:12 -0500

Karl Waclawek wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 5:11 AM

I uploaded tla1.2 for cygwin to my {arch} page:
http://www.geocities.com/lode_leroy/arch

If you find problems using this release,
please try starting from scratch
(i.e. remove {arch}, {archives}, "~/.arch-params} etc)
as some changes in what get's "pathcompressed" has occurred

<snip/>
btw. Is there enough interest in maintaining this "deviate" version?

Yes - I cannot use gnu-arch/tla until it is cross-platform,
at least for Windows and Linux.
There are several approaches to Windows compatibility at the moment:
- Lode Leroy's cygwin,
- Johannes Berg's native Win32,
- Compiling on Windows Services for Unix. It's a question of what aproach is optimal. There are compatibility questions mainly because of the long filenames Arch uses. (Such names aren't supported by fat32 or cygwin)

Aaron