Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:50:13 -0800

On Mar 2, 2004, at 15:18, Stefan Monnier wrote:

{arch}/emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0/address@hidden -2004/

rather than the more "intuitive" (to me anyway)

{arch}/address@hidden/emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs- trunk--0/

Inquiring minds...

This is a serious problem I've brought up here a few times and never got a response to (unless it got dropped or something).

This has created some broken archives for me when working on systems without case sensitive filenames when two otherwise unrelated archives use similar enough branch names (i.e. one guy uses emacs as a category, and another guy uses EMACS as a category or something like that).

I've got an archive I was using that has patches from three different people who used three different capitalizations of the same category. After my last commit, it can no longer be checked out on any system.

--
Dustin Sallings