Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:57:23 -0600

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 21:21, The Doctor What wrote:
> However, I'm using a laptop, so I want disconnected operation, where
> I can "store up" changesets to push up later.  How do I do this?

Mirrors are read-only, yes; so to do disconnected work, the relevant
workflow is a bit different: One makes a series of minor changes to a
branch tagged into an archive on one's laptop, and then later merges
from this branch into the primary one.

> Also: I'm a little unclear... Does tla not offer an oportunity to
> commit single files outside a changeset, like BK?  I liked that
> behaviour since I could make tonnes of small changes and they'd all
> be documented with change comments, then I could send them all as
> one large changeset with really well documented changes.

There's nothing special about single files, and no support for bk-like
file-specific comments (though including per-file comments inside your
patchlog entries when appropriate is no doubt a good practice). You can
commit a bunch of little changesets (ie. into your own development
repository) and then merge them all at once (and in merging, create one
*big* changeset in the repository you're merging into containing patch
logs from all the little changes you made prior).

Questions answered?