Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: tomas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:28:19 +0100

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:21:25PM -0600, The Doctor What wrote:
> I'm just putzing with tla/arch still, so excuse any stupidities.

[...]

> However, I'm using a laptop, so I want disconnected operation, where
> I can "store up" changesets to push up later.  How do I do this?
> The docs I'm reading say that a mirror is readonly.  Am I reading
> something wrong?
> Also: I'm a little unclear... Does tla not offer an oportunity to

Have a look at the thread (of this mailing list) starting at

  <http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2004-02/msg00360.html>

> commit single files outside a changeset, like BK?  I liked that
> behaviour since I could make tonnes of small changes and they'd all
> be documented with change comments, then I could send them all as
> one large changeset with really well documented changes.

Arch encourages writing log entries for each small change, wich get
accumulated until the next commit. See ``Some Free Advice About Log
Messages'' somewhere in the Arch docs (Chapter ``Checking-in Changes''
in the tutorial).

HTH
-- tomás