Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: The Doctor What
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:18:28 -0600

* Miles Bader (address@hidden) [040303 22:01]:
> Of course when you're merging (perhaps doing star-merge to propagate chanes
> from/to your laptop), you typically merge in all the changes, and then commit
> a single `merge' changeset with its own log entry; this seems essentially the
> same thing as you are describing above (note that because log entries in arch
> are _part of the project tree_, the single `big merge' will in fact contain
> all the individual log files from the per-file changesets too -- they're just
> file being merged like any other).

After reading the replies in here (haven't tried it yet). I think
you're right.  See my reply to Tom Lord to see what I like about the
BK model.  Maybe it would be possible to make a voluntary version to
let you do per file then "whole repository" changesets.  It'd
probably just be tools to make it easier to do or something.

If only God would give me some clear sign!  Like making a large deposit in
my name at a Swiss bank.
         -- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

The Doctor What: A Holtje Production
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC