Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch review - am I accurate?

From: David Snopek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch review - am I accurate?
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:08:35 -0600 (CST)

Andrew Suffield said:
>> The recommended GNU arch setup for a central repository has all
>> users sharing a single account
>
> Who's been recommending that? The recommended setup is to not use
> "central repositories". Use properly distributed archives. If you
> think you want a "repository", we've heard it all before, you don't.

I believe this user is refering to the page on the Wiki describing
centralized repositories.  It recommends using a single user because
multiple users *will* get messy with regard to permissions using a vanilla
SFTP.

There is a way with a patched OpenSSH to make this work sanely.  Out of
the kindness of my heart, I mangled the Wiki to show how I got this
working.  The posted directions lack logical explanation but the whole
recipe is there.  I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes by just dropping
my info into the middle of that page ...

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Centralized_20Development

Thank you.
  -- David Snopek

Satellite Computing Solutions, LLC