Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin -> FAT partition

From: lode . leroy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin -> FAT partition
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:56:30 +0100 (CET)

> address@hidden wrote:
>
>>(That makes me wonder: does tla work on a VFAT partition
>>that is mounted on a linux machine? Could someone try this out?)
>>

> On Linux, the inode stays the same all the time.  I haven't tested tla
> on vfat due to unrelated build problems.
>
> Aaron

The problem is not that there is no inode number
(I think cygwin now returns the same info as linux)
but that the inode number changes when a file is moved and/or renamed.
tla uses the inode number to (try to) keep track of moved/renamed
files so it can keep it's history.

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be