[Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.2 -> 1.3

From: Russell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.2 -> 1.3
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:56:27 +0800

Hi,

I've been following tla development with a mirror of address@hidden
Recently a tla--devo--1.3 version was added.  I've been using cm to
track the configs/emf.net/devo.tla config.  However the update from
tla--devo--1.2 to tla--devo--1.3 didn't go smoothly.  I can reproduce
this with a brand new fresh mirror of address@hidden, and these
commands:

  rm -rf temp-tla-src
  tla get address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0--patch-9 temp-tla-src
  cd temp-tla-src
  cm build -r configs/emf.net/devo.tla
  tla apply-delta address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0--patch-9
address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0--patch-10
  cm update -r configs/emf.net/devo.tla

The output from the 'cm update' is:

  + cm update -r configs/emf.net/devo.tla
  Updating arch://address@hidden/package-framework--devo--1.0 in ./src
  * tree is already up to date
  Updating arch://address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3 in ./src/tla
  update: tree has no common history with version
      tree: /home/russells/tmp/temp-tla-src/src/tla
      version: address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3
  Fatal error: 'Error returned by tla command'

Of course, just removing the src directory and doing 'cm build' from the
local mirror is cheap, but I would have thought that the change in
version should have been transparent.  The base-0 revision of --1.3 has
a CONTINUATION file that refers to
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-115, and I have assumed that
that makes it a tag from there.

Have I missed something here?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Let the machine do the dirty work.
                -- "Elements of Programming Style", Kernighan and Ritchie