Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:43:16 -0800

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:41:35PM +0000, David A. Wheeler wrote:

> In my opinion, a "commit" against a mirror should be automatically
> redirected to the mirrored repository.  Would that be hard to do?

It is frequent that the user of a mirror has no idea where the source
repository even is.  They might not even have access to it.

For example, the vim arch repository is accessible only through ssh.
However, there is also a publically accessible mirror of this
repository.  There wouldn't be anything to redirect people to.

Dave