Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch review - am I accurate?

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch review - am I accurate?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:45:31 -0800

Robin Green wrote:

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:05:15AM +0100, Jan Hudec wrote:
There are some things I didn't see:
* Is anyone currently working on automated caching?
- If you mean automatic adding to revision library, that works for some
 time already. There are some options to set by library-config command.
- If you mean automatic creation of cached revisions, I have not heared
 about it, except it's a trivial shell script to set as hook.

Excuse the stupid question, but what's the difference between "adding to
revision library" and "creation of cached revisions"?

The answer should be in <http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Glossary>, but
it isn't.
Library revisions go in the, uh, revision library. Cached revisions go in the archive. They are different places both logically and physically.

Bob